IDEX Quality Engineer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses at https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/ around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Are you looking for a career in Quality? CVI Laser Optics is seeking a driven problem-solver to lead Root Cause Corrective Actions and support compliance to ISO 9001:2015. If you have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
· 3+ years of related experience including inspection, corrective action, and auditing
We want to hear from you!
The Quality Engineer (QE) will be responsible in supporting, furthering the success of, and implementing process improvements to ensure sustainable quality for the business. This role supports the quality assurance department by aligning current quality processes, procedures, and activities to be compliant with ISO 9001:2015. Performs root cause corrective action in investigating and mitigating customer returns, internal non-conformances impacting FPY, and supplier quality issues. Uses Lean problem-solving techniques, trains other employees, and is skilled at communicating with internal and external customers.
This job position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations. Therefore, all employees working in this capacity must meet citizenship status. Per the CVI Laser, LLC Export Controls Policy and Procedure, the selected candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Work as an effective team member with sales and engineers to address and complete NCR’s, CAPA’s and SCAR’s by identifying root cause of returned products and using CAPA to mitigate future non-conformances for all product lines.
· Communicate effectively and articulately with customers and auditors in a manner that represents the company positively and fairly for quality related issues.
· Assists in review of contracts and purchase orders to ensure product is compliant with all customer requirements.
· Designs, installs and evaluates QA/QC process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques.
· Utilize Lean Tools such as Pareto Charts, SPC, DMAIC and 5S to improve FPY, reduce scrap, and improve cycle time.
· Abide, follow, and implement ISO 9001 practices to ensure that the company is both compliant and value add.
· Perform internal audits (ISO, process, product, supplier and job audits), engage in following-up for effectiveness, and hold accountable and help departments to close out NC’s, RMA’s or CAPA’s from the audits.
· Support the launching of new production lines and assist in FAI package completion, submittal and approval process.
· Assist in managing of the calibration system and designs inspection using proper inspection and testing equipment.
· Perform Gage R&R studies and measurement correlations.
· Perform supplier investigations (as needed) and assist in supply chain quality maintenance.
· Responsible for ROHS/Reach compliance system for the site.
· Create, review, obsolete, and document existing and new SOP’s (as needed), drawings, and ECN’s.
· Responsible for completion of all quality related customer surveys and documentation.
· Report to and perform all other duties as assigned by the CVI Laser ABQ’s QA Manager.
· Assist in implementation of risk matrixes and metrics of processes to be improved.
· Experienced practitioner of ISO 9001:2015.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience training team members
· Demonstrated use of VSM’s, APQP, FMEA, FAI, PPAP, 5S, DMAIC / PDCA, 8D, 5 why, 3X5why fish bone diagrams, or other problem solving methods that lead to effective root cause analysis and corrective action.
· Ability to interpret GD&T drawings and use measurement devices to validate specifications.
· Collect, compile, and understand basic mathematical calculations and statistical data.
· B.S. in an Industrial/Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Science, or related field
· Minimum 3+ years of directly related Quality experience, including inspection, corrective action, and auditing
· Experienced in an ISO 9001, AS9102, TS/IATF 16949 and/or AS9100 manufacturing environment
· Prefer ASQ CQE
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, IDEX businesses make thousands of products that are mission-critical components in everyday activities. Chances are the car you’re driving has a BAND-IT® clamp holding your side airbag safely in place. If you were ever in a car accident, a Hurst Jaws of Life® rescue tool may have saved your life. If you or a family member is battling cancer, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our growing IDEX Health & Science team.