IDEX Mechanical Engineering Drafter in Greenwood, Nebraska
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
KZValve, LLC – Greenwood, NE
KZValve, a business unit of the IDEX Corporation, is an engineering design and valve actuation company focused on Agriculture, Fire, De-icing, Oil, Marine, and Water Processing Industries. We specialize in low voltage actuated valves (that are waterproof and extremely durable) ranging in size from 1/4 inch to 6 inches. Our facility and staff design, engineer, assemble, and sell our finished goods. KZ Valve’s sales channel is primarily direct to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and through a network of Authorized Stocking Distributors.
This position will work with a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers on product development and improvement using SolidWorks and a host of other tools in our customer focused environment.
• Assist with design of components, assemblies, assembly fixtures and/or test fixtures.
• Create detailed documentation from parts designed by engineers.
• Create working prototypes using 3d printers or standard machine shop equipment.
• Assist in prototype builds, testing, and production builds of new and existing products.
• Assist in the creation of technical documents to support products.
• Communicate in a professional and effective manner.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Be a positive team member with a good honest work ethic.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experiences and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of general drafting standards and general working experience with SolidWorks.
• Design and detail parts under general guidance from an engineer.
• Good mechanical aptitude, specify dimensions, materials, and processes.
• Create and store drawings according to company process and procedures.
• Understanding of document control practices
• 2- 5 years of related Mechanical drafting and light design work experience desired
• Experience with GD&T.
• Experience with designing mechanical parts.
• Knowledge of SolidWorks tools
• CSWP certification is a plus.
• Familiar with machine shop equipment, processes, and operations.
Education: 2-year degree or High School Diploma with equivalent experience; Technical school classes in related mechanical or electrical areas desired
Travel: Less than 5 %
Job Type: Full-time
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: KZValve