IDEX Manufacturing Engineer, Filters in West Henrietta, New York
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer, Filters
REPORTING TO: Manager – Manufacturing Engineering
LOCATION: West Henrietta, NY
These positions may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident.
Who is IDEX Health & Science (IH&S)?
As a business unit of IDEX Corporation, IH&S has a long history of driving growth in life sciences and healthcare by embracing innovation and redefining the supplier-customer relationship. The work we do every day allows us to discover key insights and break new ground to create some of the most meaningful technologies that have a lasting impact on companies, industries, and society. One of business segments is called Life Science Optics and we are looking to add more talent to the team.
Life Science Optics (LSO):
Our newly opened Optics Center of Excellence (COE) in West Henrietta, NY , is a manufacturing and R&D focused team that sits at the leading edge of high-end optics for life sciences. Focused on assisting partners at every stage of the development processes, we invest in people and infrastructure to drive bold ideas and pragmatic solutions. With its optics-rich foundation of talent, universities, and supporting businesses, Rochester is the ideal location to elevate your career with fascinating work and endless opportunities.
Our formula for success is simple. We work hard to maintain a culture where you can own your work; you are encouraged to try new ideas in a collaborative environment; and you can apply your skillset to enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage in their own market. At IDEX Health & Science, you have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and build a great future.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Manufacturing Engineer will be a key engineering resource for the operations team focused on maintaining the stability of the Semrock finishing operations as well as making improvements to all facets of the filter shaping & handling processes. The engineer will work with other process development, quality, and R&D engineers as well as with the daily production teams to achieve the goals of the department.
This engineer will make data driven decisions to improve the capabilities and tolerances of our filter shaping and handling operations
Key success factors will be increasing the process efficiency and sustaining the internal production yields
FINISHING PRODUCTION SUPPORT:
This engineer will be a daily resource to assist the production team with trouble shooting of manufacturing issues surrounding filter shaping, cleaning, inspecting, and packaging processes
Responsibilities will include process ownership, root cause analysis, first article review, new part manufacturing setup, continuous improvement and process development projects
Key success factors will be effective communication, minimizing unplanned equipment downtime, improving manufacturing processes and maintaining internal production yields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS degree in a mechanical engineering, manufacturing or industrial discipline
• 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing capacity
• Desired experience working with dicing saws, mills and tooling
• Demonstrated ability in efficiently presenting data
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
• Desired proficiency in MiniTab and SolidWorks
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface with all levels of the organization
• Experience updating process documentation and release to manufacturing
• Experience with the challenges of handling, inspecting, and packaging large volumes of small optical components
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Preferred background in optical components, glass fabrication, or semiconductors, i.e., Optical Glass machining, processing, cleaning, inspection, and handling
• Troubleshoot equipment and process issues, accurately and quickly identifying the root cause
• Effectively train and asses training of manufacturing associates
• Perform process analysis using lean manufacturing principles
• Read Engineering drawings
• Lead continuous improvement and process development projects
• The right candidate will have a passion to succeed in all aspects of the position, be of the highest integrity; customer focused and is committed to the paradigm of continuous improvement
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Business Unit: IH&S (West Henrietta COE)
Job Segment: HST Health & Science Technologies