IDEX Business Development IoT Manager in Wheeling, Illinois
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses (https://www.idexcorp.com/our-businesses/business-segments/) around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Fluid Management, Inc., a Unit of IDEX Corporation, is the leading global manufacturer of precision dispensing and mixing equipment for the architectural paint industry. Organized in 1987, Fluid Management has created a global product development environment through strategic acquisitions. By leveraging its nearly 100 years of combined expertise and passion, Fluid Management delivers unequaled product innovation.
From initial design to equipment selection, delivery and after-sales service, Fluid Management strives for close teamwork with its customers, delivering high-quality, easy-to-operate products for every size and type of operation.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Business Development Manager (IoT) owns the commercialization, and drives the market adoption, of our digital solutions portfolio as part of FMA’s IoT transformation. The IoT Business Development Manager is an IoT expert who leverages sales and business development expertise to generate potential projects, value selling, customer acquisition, and deal closing. Overseeing sales plan for Digital Solutions, this role is responsible for successfully launching our IoT enabled “Digital solution” product within the America’s with accelerating growth and penetration rates over a 3-year period.
A highly skilled, business development leader who has an inherent drive and entrepreneurial spirit to grow in new exciting ways will make the ideal candidate. This leader will embrace the IDEX operating model and core values (Trust, Teams, and Excellence).
▪ Ownership of commercialization of our “Digital Solution” program for the Americas region;
▪ Accountable for overall solution sales and accelerated growth over 3 Year period;
▪ Leads organizational transformation of our core dispensing equipment business to deploy enhanced digital solutions that creates value with our customers
▪ Develop a strategic, tailored, and focused business development approach for identifying and driving digital solutions and customer adoption with key accounts.
▪ Subject matter expert, coordinating with leadership, sales & marketing professionals to assess and capitalize on market trends for digital solutions;
▪ Negotiates profitable monetization plan in the form of new subscriptions services with customers;
▪ Develop, implement and accountable for Tintelligence Annual Sales Budget which includes sales, margin and pricing initiatives for subscription services;
▪ Serve as a business champion for key customers adopting new digital solutions to drive valuable data for improving the customer experience associated with our solution; ▪ Support the innovation and research of new software applications that enhance the digital solution offering; ▪ Develop commercial strategic plan (America’s) with PM; Execute customer engagement plan, Tintelligence introduction to stakeholders, customer buy-in; Develop and align with customer on roadmap & project schedule; Deploy customer field testing with applicable Tintelligence apps;
▪ BS degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred;
▪ 7-plus years of progressive business development experience; five-plus years of experience associate with digital solutions;
▪ Prior P&L responsibility for Digital (IoT) products and/or services;
▪ Working understanding of SaaS and Analytics Value Selling, Data Monetization, Cloud and Cyber Security;
▪ Proven track record of developing multi-year growth strategies and driving digital transformation;
▪ Entrepreneurial, driven professional who is proficient at the development of commercial transformation strategies;
▪ Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to influence business and technical decision makers;
▪ Industry knowledge IT/ IoT/OT/ISVs, and industry verticals
▪ Working knowledge MS Azure, Cloud based IoT architecture, and Cybersecurity industry and terminology.
▪ Excels at promoting value proposition for “IoT” enabled solutions;
▪ Outstanding data-driven decision-making skills;
▪ Right balance of sales partner and product owner; can translate strategy into action;
▪ Languages: Fluent in English others language a plus;
▪ Based out of Wheeling, IL
▪ Ability to travel approximately 35% of the time;
DISCLAIMER: Major responsibilities include the principal functions of the job. The job description shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or other duties that may be assigned during normal operations Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. This statement affirms the continuing IDEX Corporation Policy on non-discrimination in employment and treatment during employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, parental status, veteran’s status, or any other non-job related characteristic or criteria protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Human Resources Team at FUSHumanResources@idexcorp.com.
Fluid Management., a unit of IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Job Family: Sales
Business Unit: Fluid Management
Job Segment: FSD Fire & Safety/Diversified Products